Tinkering is over . . . Lame!

I can’t believe how fast the semester went, but it is over now. I wish I could have spent more time on my projects for this class, though now I have more time to start on other maker projects like this one or maybe trying to build a full scale R2-D2.  Well I want to thank […]

I can’t believe how fast the semester went, but it is over now. I wish I could have spent more time on my projects for this class, though now I have more time to start on other maker projects like this one or maybe trying to build a full scale R2-D2.  Well I want to thank everyone in the class and Rosemary for all the fun that I had this semester in Tinkering.  Well bye for now, if I end up making anything cool I will be sure to post some pictures here.  Till next time.

Awesome I have time to do some tinkering . . . or not

Most people would think of the weekend as a time to get a good amount of school work done, that did not happen for me. My weekend was spent at my sister’s wedding. That being said I didn’t have much time to get school work done this weekend so to make up for that I […]

Most people would think of the weekend as a time to get a good amount of school work done, that did not happen for me. My weekend was spent at my sister’s wedding. 13015568_10208883233262129_7133828560057061740_n 13029426_10209367501408231_535191384849426267_o That being said I didn’t have much time to get school work done this weekend so to make up for that I decided to write this blog post about not having time to work on my school work.

It’s Alive!

Well it’s not technically live seeing that it is a ukulele, but you get the general idea. It’s finished now but after my post last night I ended up going to two music stores to get the strings and tuners that it need as well as Lowes for some hinges to add onto one end. […]

Well it’s not technically live seeing that it is a ukulele, but you get the general idea. It’s finished now but after my post last night I ended up going to two music stores to get the strings and tuners that it need as well as Lowes for some hinges to add onto one end. I was also able to glue on some parts to make the neck look nicer as well as some wood dowels to help support the strings. I did have to go to the Thinklab this morning to hot glue the tuners into the head, but that is about it. The only thing left to do is put the strings on and see how good or bad it sounds. IMAG0079[1]

Almost there!

I have been working for a while on this cardboard project. I’m trying to make a ukulele out of cardboard, and I have made some pretty good progress on the project. I started out by cutting out the pieces for the body of the instrument and glue them together. From there I went on to […]

I have been working for a while on this cardboard project. I’m trying to make a ukulele out of cardboard, and I have made some pretty good progress on the project. I started out by cutting out the pieces for the body of the instrument and glue them together. IMAG0076 From there I went on to do the same thing for the neck pieces. IMAG0077 After that I went on and glued all the neck pieces and body pieces together to form something that looked somewhat like a ukulele. IMAG0078 With that I am off to go shopping for the few parts that I am missing and finishing it up before tomorrow’s class.

I don’t fail often but when I do I go all the way!

I have already done three prints and they have all gone perfectly. Yesterday I tried to do my fourth print which was a light switch plate for a custom light switch that a friend of mine wanted. It was came out to be a three hour job so yesterday I went to the lab after […]

I have already done three prints and they have all gone perfectly. Yesterday I tried to do my fourth print which was a light switch plate for a custom light switch that a friend of mine wanted. It was came out to be a three hour job so yesterday I went to the lab after my last class yesterday and tried to print it. For the first two hours everything went perfectly without and glitches. I noticed that it failed at two and half hours, but it didn’t just failed it failed quite spectacularly because the printer actually broke. When I checked on it the base plate dropped about an inch and the motor in the tip blew. I must say that was an interesting turn of events, on a happier note did you guys know that February is library lovers’ month.